Minecraft system requirements for PC - recommended & minimal
Graphic presented in Minecraft is - let's be honest - not the best there is. Game is generally kinda square-alike and it looks more like games from 8-bit '80s era, then games which we play in modern times. However don't be tricked by humble look of the games. Minecraft has system requirements, which require to have decent computer, to play the game comfortable.
Minecraft require to have good graphic card in order to play it in a high FPS rate. Minimum requirements though are not so high. However Minecraft multiplayer requires more then minimum system - hardware Minecraft requirements and software Minecraft requirements - to play.
The reason why Minecraft requires more CPU, RAM and Graphic Card then you could think is the specific game system of real-time randomly generating background when you play and generate background of which player explored already.
Below you can find Minecraft minimum system requirements and Minecraft recommended hardware and software requirements.
Minecraft minimal system requirements for PC and Mac
- CPU: Intel Pentium IV or NetBurst Architecture Processor or it's AND Equivalent (AMD K7)
- RAM: 2 GB (in 32-bit systems 1.5 GB, in 64-bit systems 2 GB)
- GPU: Intel GMA 950 or AMD Equivalent with OpenGL 1.4. Support or newer version
- HDD: At least 100MB for Game Core and Sound Files as well
- Java SE Runtime Enviroment (JRE) 7 installed or up installed on the system is required
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux, Mac OSX or UNIX systems required
Minecraft recommended system requirements for PC and Mac
- CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) with 2.7 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: nVidia GeForce 6xxx or ATI / AMD Radeon 9xxx with OpenGL 2.0 support (excluding integreted chipsets)
- HDD: 200MB + additional space for in-game worlds (which are generated due in game, and can be unlimited sizes)
- Minecraft version 1.2.5 or newer. Older version then 1.2.5 need to be updated to current versions.
- Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE) 7 update 4 installed on your system or newer is needed
- 64-bit architecture systems: Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Linux, Mac OSX or UNIX systems required